At Push Start Driving School, we ensure teaching comprehensive and safe driving skills to all the drivers regardless of the age of the driver. We evaluate and teach the following:
- Car Familiarity
- Acceleration and Deacceleration
- Braking Smoothly
- Left Turns and Right Turns
- Following at the appropriate distance
- Changing Lanes
- Looking for Blind Spot
- Interstate/ Freeway Driving
- Straight Line Reverse
- Parallel Parking
We not only teach or train our students thesebasic driving skills but also make sure to track our student’s progress. Our pro-driving instructors maintain a track record in the student account. There are comprehensive driving refresher courses you can join to improve skills and confidence on the road.
Push Start Driving School will help you learn and finetune your driving techniques in the US. Make sure you discuss the skills you need to focus on with your driving instructor.
We will pick up and drop off from your home, school, or workplace (anywhere from South SF down to Menlo Park). Note that the instructor may cancel the lesson at the expense of the learner if he or she isn’t prepared or doesn’t have prescription glasses, licenses, or permits.
To schedule your DMV test car rental, you need to get in touch by calling or emailing us so that we may check the availability of the driving instructor.
We service the following DMV field offices:
- Redwood City
- San Mateo
- Daly City
The general process to rent a car from Push Start Driving School is as follow;
- Book an appointment for the DMV behind-the-wheel test and forward us the confirmation email from the DMV containing your name, test time and date, and DMV location.
- If you don’t want to book an appointment yourself, inform our coordinator and provide the details including your name, date of birth, permit number, permit issue date, and preferred dates and time.
- Our representative will schedule you for the DMV behind-the-wheel test on the DMV website after confirming the instructor’s availability.
- As a learner, you need to pay $270 for your DMV road test on Push Start Driving’s website to get it scheduled on the system.
- We ensure scheduling it on the slot that suits you the best. We don’t let you wait much and find a mutual time to plan your lessons within 1 to 3 weeks.
- The instructor picks you up from your destination an hour before your DMV Road test to help you practice.
We understand that driving needs confidence and it takes practice and time to pick up confidence. Our experienced and patient driving instructors give nervous and anxious drivers enough time to get comfortable. By applying proven methods to help drivers reduce anxiety, we teach them how to drive safely and confidently.
No, you don’t need to schedule all the driving lessons right away. You can enroll for 2-hour lessons in the beginning and then schedule more lessons according to your driving needs.
We accept the following payment methods:
Credit Card, cash, or check.
Our school code is PUSHSTART.
There can be multiple reasons that can make a learner’s account inactive. Some of the reasons include outstanding cancellation fees and expired permit information. You can contact our representative at Push Driving School to get more details.
You need to meet the given criteria to get your CA driver license.
- You must be 16 years old or older
- For teens, you should have a completion certificate for the driver education course (online or classroom)
- For teens, you should have a completion certificate for 6 hours of driver training (behind the wheel instruction)
- For teens, you must have a driving permit for six months. Adults over 18 year olds do not need to wait.
- For teens, you must complete 50 hours behind the wheel training with a guardian, parents, and instructors
- You must pass your DMV test with no major errors and less than 16 minor errors.
No, whoever drives with you must have a valid California Driver License and be 25 years of age or older. The person who signs your permit stating that you have done the 50 hours of extra driving instruction must have a valid California Driver License. Adults with learning permits only need to be accompanied by a California licensed driver 18 or over.
Yes, our affiliate driving school, A Deluxe Driving School, has DMV driving school license E2224. The school is bonded and insured. It uses vehicles that have additional passenger brakes, accelerators, and rearview mirrors.
Learners need to complete the behind-the-wheel instruction course within 12 months from their enrollment day
Our driving service doesn’t offer refunds when you enroll in our 6-hours behind-the-wheel program. If our instructor is at your place to pick you up and you miss the class, you will have to pay a $50 cancelation. We don’t entertain last-minute cancellations and uninformed absence of the learners. Please make sure you plan your schedule carefully to prevent cancellations and changes.
Our instructors spend a significant amount of time preparing your lessons. They make sure they show up at the scheduled time.
If you do need to reschedule or cancel a class, please do so in far advance. You can cancel a class by logging into our website, selecting View/Cancel Session, and clicking the session to cancel. You may then reschedule. Feel free to contact us if you need more information on our cancellation policy or assistance with rescheduling a session.
If you need to cancel, please cancel at least 24 hours in advance to avoid the $50 cancellation fee.
When a learner completes 6 hours of behind-the-wheel training, we provide a completion certificate at the end of the last lesson.
Yes, teenage drivers who want their behind-the-wheel training completion certificate can complete their training with us. They will need to provide a letter from the other school stating the student’s name, training time/dates, and birthdate. This letter may be emailed to us.
You will be charged $25 to get a new certificate in that case. We send the certificate by mail.
Our San Mateo office serves learners in Belmont, Burlingame, Foster City, Redwood City, San Carlos, and San Mateo . These learners can sign up at Push Start Driving School.
The Mountain View office provides services to students who live in San Jose up to Redwood City. These students can sign-up at our website www.deluxedriving.com.
Our San Ramon office covers Danville, Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton, and San Ramon. East Residents may sign up at www.eastbaydrivingschool.com.